The SA Institute for Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS), an independent public entity in sport, is recruiting for the following internship. SAIDS offices are based in Newlands, Cape Town.
Doping Control Assistant
This person will provide administrative support to the doping control department.
The primary responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Data capturing on an international sports database.
- Filing and archiving of doping control paperwork.
- General administrative task with respect to the unit.
- Reconcile remuneration worksheets of part-time staff.
- Process results to national sports federations.
- Maintain and update administrative details of part-time staff.
- Provide support to the Doping Control Department.
- An understanding of the national sport infrastructure and industry.
- Advanced computer literacy (Word, Excel) and typing skills.
- Good time management skills (staying on task).
- Attention to detail.
- Currently studying towards a diploma in sports management/exercise science or related field. At least 50% of their studies should be completed.
- Must be a current student.
- Drivers license.
Stipend is R5 000 per month. Working hours will be from 8.30am to 4.30pm at the office.
The period of the internship will be for 3 months from 1 April to 30 June 2019.
All prospective candidates should email a cover letter and a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and place the position they are applying for in the subject line. If you do not receive a reply from the SAIDS within two weeks following the closing deadline, you can assume your application was unsuccessful.
To learn more about SAIDS, please take a look at our website www.drugfreesport.org.za