26/09/2017The Minister of Sport & Recreation SA calls for nominations for 10 independent, suitably qualified persons with knowledge of anti-doping in sport for appointment on the board of the South African Institute for Drug-free Sport (SAIDS), in terms of the SAIDS Act 14 of 1997. Terms of Office and Remuneration: The term of office for the Board is five years, and commences on 1 December 2017 and expires on 30 November 2022. The remuneration will be made in accordance with Treasury guidelines for public entities. Requirements: Nominees should be in possession of a relevant degree or equivalent qualifications and more than 15 years of professional experience in any of the following fields: Law, Sports Medicine, Sport Management, Sport Science or Law enforcement. Competencies: The SAIDS board members should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Corporate Governance and familiarity with the King III and the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA)
- Understand policy implementation
- Familiarity with anti-doping issues and trends
- Strong ethical values and principles
- Professional respect and recognition by peers in their occupational field.